Policies and Procedures
Protecting the public and ensuring that clients are informed of their rights is an important part of my job as a Registered Massage Therapist. With this in mind I have included policies and procedures which can have an impact on you the client.
Collection Of Personal Health Information
We collect personal health information about you directly from you the person, acting on your behalf. The personal health information that we collect may include, for example, your name, date of birth, address, health history, record of your visits to Chris Wood, R.M.T. and the treatment you received during those visits. Occasionally, we collect personal health information about you from other sources if we have obtained your consent to do so or if the law permits us to do so. We make sure that only those people who need to see your personal records are allowed to look at them. We protect your information through our administrative policies and by adopting appropriate safeguards and security measures.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF
PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION
We may use or disclose your heath information to,
To assess your health needs and to provide appropriate health care.
To establish and maintain communications with you the client.
Plan, administer and manage our internal operations.
To communicate with your various health care providers including your family physician and/or other health care institutions for continuity of care, in order to treat / support and care for you (unless you tell us otherwise).
Comply with legal and regulatory requirements.fulfill other purposes permitted or required by law.
Protection Of Personal Health Information
We protect your information with appropriate safeguards and security measures. Chris Wood, R.M.T. maintains personal information in a combination of paper and electronic files. Paper records concerning individuals’ personal information are stored in locked files kept on site at our office. Access to personal information will be authorized only for the massage therapists and employees associated with the practice, and other agents who require access in the performance of their duties, and to those otherwise authorized by law. Our computer systems are password-secured and constructed in such a way that only authorized individuals can access secure systems and databases. We will retain your information only for the time it is required for the purposes we describe and once your personal information is no longer required, it will be destroyed. However, due to our on-going exposure to potential claims, some information is kept for a longer period. Should we move, we or our agents will maintain the files and we will update you on how to access your file using our most current contact information on you.
To Access Or Correct Your Information
If you believe a record of personal health information held by Chris Wood, R.M.T. is inaccurate or incomplete, you may make a written request for correction. Please contact Chris Wood, R.M.T. at 226 Durham Street Walkerton, ON, N0G 2V0. For More Information, Comments or complaints if you would like more information or have questions or concerns about our privacy and information practices please contact Chris Wood at (519) 507-0809 or at 4 Colborne Street N. Walkerton, ON, N0G 2V0. You may also make a complaint about our information and privacy practices to the,
Information and Privacy Commissioner
2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400,
Toll Free 1-800-387-0073
CONFIDENTIAL CONSENT FORM
FOR MASSAGE THERAPY
I, Chris Wood, R.M.T. will adhere to the following established practices,
1. The Massage Therapist respects the patient’s right to an informed and voluntary consent regarding care and treatment by obtaining his/her consent before providing treatment.
2. Your comfort and trust in this clinic is extremely important in providing an optimal patient / therapist relationship.
3. The treatment will be provided only when there is reasonable expectation that the treatment will be beneficial to the patient.
4. Before, during, and/or after therapy, I encourage you the patient to communicate to the therapist any aspect of the treatment in which you have concerns and/or questions. This includes telling me the Therapist about any pain you experience during the treatment so that modifications can be made.
5. Proper draping is always provided to ensure safety, comfort and privacy for all patients. Patients are asked to disrobe in private and prepare themselves on the massage table. You may choose to remove or leave on clothing, according to your own comfort level.
6. I, the therapist, respect your right to modify, refuse, or terminate treatment, regardless of the consent that was given at the beginning of the treatment session.
Massage Therapy Rates
Initial visit 90 minutes for $90
30 Minutes $45
45 minutes $55
60 Minutes $70
90 Minutes $105
* RECEIPTS ISSUED UPON PAYMENT*
The initial visit will be a 90 minute session consisting of a case history of the client and a full assessment including a postural analysis, range of motion, neurological
and applicable orthopaedic tests.
Information will be updated on an annual basis.
Spaces for appointments are limited.
Please call the office 24 HOURS
in advance to cancel or a CHARGE OF 75% OF THE MASSAGE FEE will be applied.
Payment is expected at the time of service.
CASH or CHEQUES are accepted.
RETURNED CHEQUES will be subject to
a $25 SERVICE FEE.